I guess a little intro to start might be helpful. I'm Jena and I'm a second year Industrial Engineering major at Cal Poly, SLO. I'm an out-of-state student from Hawaii and I'm currently training for the Nike Women's Half Marathon. The reason I'm writing this blog is really for personal reasons and keepsake too I guess. I'm not a fancy writer or anything. I just have a lot going on in the noggin...
I woke up with motivation this morning plus the fact that pulling on jeans seem impossible in this weather... So I decided today was the day to start my training... I have 6 months right? Wrong... I have 5 months and 12 days left to kick my butt into shape. You see I am keeping a timer on my desktop as a constant reminder that time doesn't stop for anyone. Wonderful... as if being a student isn't a struggle on its own.
So I ran a 10:20 mile... which is "fast" according to my Mom. But could I really do 13+ of those in a row? You have got to be kidding me.
I also got a really nice visit from an old friend today: asthma. Great... Here's to high hopes and more positivity! Oh and did I mention that I can't just transfer my prescription?
No comments:
Post a Comment